Sunday, June 12, 2005

How to Be Saved

To be a true Christian--a follower of Jesus Christ--and to have the assurance of eternal salvation (knowing that you'll go to heaven to be with Jesus when you die), you must follow God's "plan of salvation" as outlined in the Bible. The seven steps listed below will help you to understand this plan.

Seven Steps to Salvation

  1. God loves you and has a plan for your life.
    (John 3:16-18)
  2. You are a sinner. (Romans 3:23)
  3. You are dead in your sin. (Romans 6:23)
  4. Christ died for you. (Romans 5:6-8)
  5. You can be saved through faith in Jesus Christ. (Romans 10:9-11)
  6. You can be sure of your salvation. (Romans 8:16)
  7. You must now obey God. (Romans 6:16-18)

God's plan of salvation is summed up in the following two passages of scripture.

"Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"..."Believe on the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, along with your entire household." (Acts 16:30b-31)

Salvation that comes from trusting Christ – which is the message we preach – is already within easy reach. In fact, the Scriptures say, "The message is close at hand; it is on your lips and in your heart."
For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. As the Scriptures tell us, "Anyone who believes in him will not be disappointed." (Romans 10:8-11)

If you're ready to be saved, pray the prayer below, using the numbered steps as a guide. Remember: the exact words don't matter as much as the intent of your heart.

The Sinner's Prayer

  1. Jesus, I know that I’m a sinner, and I’m sorry.
  2. I truly want to be saved.
    NOTE: If you know of any specific sin in your life, you must now admit it to God (confession) and choose to give it up (repentance). Jesus will help you to overcome up your sin, if you are willing, but He will not come into your life if you desire to continue sinning. Jesus wants to be your Savior and your Lord (master).
  3. Lord, I confess my sins. I’m sorry for them, and I now choose to give them up.
  4. Lord Jesus, come into my heart right now. Save me from my sins and cleanse me for your service.
  5. I commit to live for you, Lord, according the plan you've given me in Your Word, the Bible.
  6. Thank you, Jesus, for coming into my heart and for saving me from my sins.

Amen

If you prayed the above prayer and meant it, please let me know via e-mail so that I can pray with you and help you to get off to a good start in your Christian walk. A good place to begin is reading the Gospel of John in the New Testament of the Bible. If I can help you in any way, please let me know. God bless you and welcome to the family!


Click here to request a copy of "How to Be Saved" in an MSWord or PDF format (please specify).

No comments: